Nelligan O’Brien Payne, Collins Barrow Ottawa and RBC Royal Bank will be presenting the 9th annual Not-for-Profit Sector LAB Update on Wednesday, November 16th, 2016 at the Centurion Conference Centre in Ottawa, Ontario. This event is designed to provide you with a comprehensive update on the recent changes and issues affecting not-for-profit organizations and charities.
This year the focus is on “Risks: Awareness and Management”.
Come meet our experts as they provide you with the building blocks to help your changing environment and navigate issues for the not-for-profit sector relating to risk.
Date: Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Centurion Conference Centre, 170 Colonnade Rd Ottawa, ON K2E 7J5 (Map)
Program topics will include:
- Issues not-for-profits and charities are bringing to court (and other things in the news)
- Common corporate, tax and accounting compliance issues
- Overview of case studies involving fraud and identity
- Economic, market and investment update
- Cross-border and international payments, and electronic banking
- The implications of dealing with goods and services from the U.S.
- In-kind contributions – accounting options and requirements, challenges, and tax and funder implications
- Risks, traps, and cross-border considerations when working with employees, consultants and volunteers from outside Canada
- Surpluses – what the financial statements and balance sheet really reveals
- Employee benefit packages and enhanced CPP
New this year – attendees will have a chance to win a risk management toolkit (you must be present to claim a toolkit).
To view the full program and registration page click here.
To register, visit https://2016nfplab.eventbrite.ca
We hope to see you there!