What is it?
Free access to a 20 minute consult with a lawyer to help you navigate your legal questions regarding COVID -19, and its implications on the workplace.
What can I expect?
A 20 minute consultation with a lawyer who will help you better understand your legal situation, rights and decisions to be made. The information provided is meant to direct your path – if you have a legal issue that merits further legal action, you will be informed during the consultation on how to pursue legal action. Please note that the lawyers intend to provide brief services. They do not create an ongoing lawyer-client relationship with you.
- We can:
- Help you understand your legal rights;
- Outline options;
- Guide you on the process, including the recent updates announced by the federal government;
- We cannot:
- Provide comprehensive legal opinions or predict outcomes;
- Review contracts or any other documents;
- Provide specific recommendations;
- Provide second opinions;
- Guarantee representation in court;
- Take responsibility to prepare any documents unless retained;
Please note due to conflict of interest, specifics related to your situation including employer/employee names and contract details can not be discussed.
Who can call?
This service is for anyone needing information about the implications of COVID-19 on the workplace for both employees and employers.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide this service to unionized employees. If you are a unionized employee, please contact your union representative.
We are currently able to provide this service for residents and workplaces in Ontario and Quebec.
How does it work?
- Each day we will dedicate a team of lawyers to support the helpline.
- 20 minutes time slots will be available for sign-up on a first come/first serve basis at the start of each day
- To book a time-slot, please call 613-231-8275. The booking line will be open at 9:00 am. Once your time slot is booked, you will be provided with a call time and meeting details.
- We will also post an update on this site to let you know when the spots are full.
- The time slots that are available will depend on the team available. We are striving to provide a mix of morning, afternoon and evening time slots to accommodate your varied needs.
Will I still need a lawyer?
- Maybe. While we would like to be more concrete, it really depends on your situation. Our goal is to have you leave the consult knowing what your options are and where to go next. For some, this may involve additional legal services.
Will I have to pay?
- No. The service is free. Should you require additional services to resolve your situation you may need to hire a lawyer. The objective of this service is to help you understand your options on next steps.
Can I call about non-COVID-19 related issues?
No. This service has been created to help alleviate the pressure and stress on our community as a direct result of COVID-19. If you would like to discuss a different legal matter, please contact us at 613-238-8080 or firstname.lastname@example.org