Join us for a half-day event designed to provide you and your organization with a comprehensive update on the recent changes to the Employment Standards Act.
Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Centurion Conference Centre, 170 Colonnade Road South, Ottawa – IN-VENUE LOCATION SOLD OUT
We will now live-streaming the event. If you are unable to attend on-site, you can tune in from the comfort of your office or home. Select “Remotely via live-stream” below when filling out the registration form.
Cost: EARLY BIRD RATE*: $35 + HST** (includes all presentation materials, hot breakfast and coffee break)
*Early Bird Rate expires February 20th. Rate will change to $40 + HST
**Payment is through PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can select the option to “Pay by debit or credit card” on the PayPal site.
Program Topics Include:
- Key changes to the Employment Standards Act and their potential impacts on Ontario businesses
- The Employment Law impacts of Bill 148, Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017
- General director and officer duties and liabilities: consequences of failure to comply with employment-specific obligations
- Director and officer liability insurance and indemnification
- Tax obligations, penalties and implications; failure to report / withhold / register for tax – how to remedy your slip-ups
Stephanie Lewis, Employment Law lawyer at Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP
Jim Anstey, Employment Law lawyer at Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP
Alexander Dezan, Employment Law lawyer at Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP
Kimberley Cunnington-Taylor, Business and Not-for-Profit Law lawyer at Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP
Craig O’Brien, Business and Commercial Litigation lawyer at Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP
Rosa Maria Iuliano, Tax Partner at Collins Barrow Ottawa LLP
CPD Credit: This seminar may qualify for required Continuing Professional Development Credits by most professional organizations.