Join our great team! Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP is looking for an experienced Assistant Controller who is keen to be part of a progressive, professional firm. Nelligan O’Brien Payne is a multi-practice law firm operating in Ottawa’s Downtown core. We pride ourselves on having a strong team environment and fostering an environment that encourages teamwork, fun, and providing great legal services to our clients.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for the supervision of the daily accounting activities.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Supervise the day to day activities of the Accounting department managing all aspects of the general ledger and the integrity of accounting data;
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely completion of month-end closing, including completion of journal entries and account reconciliations;
- Assist in preparation of financial statements and management reports;
- Perform financial variance analysis;
- Establish and maintain internal controls;
- Work in conjunction with Director of Finance on special projects to improve systems and business processes;
- Assist in the budget planning process;
- Research accounting issues as required to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service;
- Other duties as required
- University/College degree in finance/accounting;
- CPA designation or nearing completion combined with 3 to 5 years of financial accounting experience including preparation of financial statements;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities;
- Highly responsible and reliable with exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team;
- Flexibility to thrive in our fast-paced environment.
Nelligan O’Brien Payne values and supports diversity in our work environment and in the practice of law.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, with subject line “Accounting Supervisor”, in strict confidence to:
Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP
Suite 300, 50 O’Connor Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L2
Attention: Caroline Choquette CHRL
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com