Nelligan Law is not your average law firm. We are an innovative and progressive firm where lawyers and staff have the opportunity to work together and grow their careers as valued members of a team of talented professionals in a cooperative and flexible working environment.
We are seeking an experienced Litigation Clerk to join our team. The successful candidate will possess a strong background in litigation support and legal administration, with the ability to handle complex tasks in a fast-paced environment. They must have keen attention to detail, excellent time-management skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
This position is a hybrid position and allows some flexibility to work from home.
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience in Insurance Defence, Commercial Litigation or Personal Injury and keen interest in the law;
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; and
- A comprehensive knowledge of computer software including the Microsoft suite.
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the preparation of legal documents, including pleadings, motions, and subpoenas;
- Perform legal research, gather evidence, and assist in case analysis; and
- Handle correspondence with clients, opposing counsel, and court personnel.
Nelligan O’Brien Payne values and supports diversity in our work environment and in the practice of law. If you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com