Alessia Petricone-Westwood is an associate lawyer with Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP. Her practice is focused on personal injury, insurance defence, civil litigation, and estate litigation.
Alessia obtained her law degree at the University of Ottawa, finishing in the top ten of her class. While in law school, Alessia was heavily involved with the University of Ottawa Community Legal Clinic. She was a division leader in the Women’s Division from 2012 until 2014. She acted as a mentor for first and second year law students with the Women’s Legal Mentorship Program. She was also a research assistant in the area of international law.
Alessia has appeared before administrative tribunals, including the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, and the Ontario Smalls Claims Court.
Alessia was drawn to the practice of law in order to advocate for the rights of others. She enjoys the problem-solving aspect of law and the challenge of thoughtfully and effectively resolving an issue. She is approachable, detail-oriented, and dedicated to her clients.
In her spare time, Alessia loves reading and travelling. A former competitive swimmer, she also enjoys swimming and running.
- >Call to the Ontario Bar (2015)
- >J.D. University of Ottawa (Dean’s Honour List) (2014)
- >M.A. Columbia University, (Human Rights Studies) (2011)
- >B.A. (with distinction), McGill University (International Development Studies, Political Science and History) (2008)
Professional Activities and Organizations
- >The Osgoode Society for Canadian Legal History
- >County of Carleton Law Association
- >Ontario Bar Association