Alice Weatherston is an associate lawyer at Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP, and a member of our Family Law and Civil Litigation practice groups.
Since joining the firm Alice has regularly appeared before the court for case conferences, settlement conferences, motions and assisting at trial. She has also represented clients at hearings as part of the Residential School Settlement Agreement. In addition, Alice edits and writes for the family law Blog, The Family Connection.
Getting to know Alice. Watch the video
During law school, Alice was actively involved in the University of Ottawa Community Legal Clinic where she was a division leader. Alice continues to work towards ensuring access to justice by volunteering for REACH Canada.
Alice enjoys working with people and assisting clients resolve the legal issues that affect them daily. She is hardworking and dedicated to helping her clients understand and protect their rights, as well as helping them reach agreements through out-of-court negotiations where possible.
Outside of work, Alice enjoys spending time with friends and family, practicing Kung Fu, travelling, and reading science fiction.
- >Call to Nunavut Bar (2016)
- >Call to Ontario Bar (2012)
- >J.D., University of Ottawa (Cum Laude) (2011)
- >Honours B.A., Philosophy with an Emphasis in Applied Ethics, Trent University (2008)
Professional Activities and Organizations
- >The Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario)
- >Canadian Bar Association
- >Ontario Bar Association
- >County of Carleton Law Association
- >The Advocates' Society
- >Elizabeth Fry Society of Ottawa