Carol Craig is a partner at Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP, and a member of our Family Law and Wills & Estates practice groups.
Carol has been working in family law for a number of years and has a great depth of experience in all aspects of the practice, including custody/access and property issues. She also has expertise in estate litigation, and has represented clients in Will challenges, dependant relief claims, power of attorney disputes and passing of accounts. In addition, she teaches a course in Elder Law at the Common Law Faculty of the University of Ottawa.
Getting to know Carol. Watch the video
Carol is driven by a desire to help people, particularly those experiencing personal difficulty or crisis. She is committed to protecting the vulnerable, such as the elderly and those with mental health issues. She also enjoys the intellectual and strategic challenges of her work.
Carol is a supportive and compassionate person, always striving to be considerate and respectful. She is willing to go the extra mile to assist her clients, particularly those who need that additional help. She is also assertive and determined when called for, and is an effective advocate for her clients.
Carol is passionate about animal welfare and is devoted to her own pets. Born in San Diego, she is a big fan of the Chargers and American football. Carol also loves to travel, particularly to Scotland, where she grew up and still has extended family.
What Carol's clients say. Watch the video
- >Call to Ontario Bar (2007)
- >LL.B., University of Ottawa (graduated Cum Laude) (2006)
- >Postgraduate Certificate in Secondary Education, Jordanhill College of Education, Glasgow, Scotland (1991)
- >Baccalaureate of Arts (History) with Honours, University of Ottawa (graduated Cum Laude) (1989)
Professional Activities and Organizations
- >Collaborative Law Network - Ottawa
- >Ontario Justice Education Network
- >Ontario Bar Association
- >Canadian Bar Association
- >County of Carleton Law Association