Caroline Choquette is the Director of Human Resources and Administration at Nelligan O’Brien Payne. Caroline’s role encompasses all areas of human resource management, including recruitment, benefits, compensation, budgeting/forecasting, benchmarking, training, and discipline. Her role requires that she be involved with the strategic planning of the firm to ensure that the HR needs of each practice group are satisfied. She is a key member of various committees within the firm, and has been instrumental in introducing several new programs. Caroline is also a Certified Human Resources Leader with the Human Resources Professional Association of Ontario.
Caroline’s 30 years of HR experience has given her a broad insight into HR requirements within organizations of many sizes, including a large international Chartered Accounting firm. A significant part of Caroline’s experience has been in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for these organizations. Caroline has also held positions on several not-for-profit boards as an active member and advisor on HR issues. As a result of her hard work in these fields, Caroline was awarded the prestigious National Volunteer Award from the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA) in 2012.
- >Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) - Human Resources Professional Association of Ontario (2003)
- >Human Resources Management - Human Resources Professional Association of Ontario (2003)
- >Business Administration - Algonquin College (1978)
- >Health Science - John Abbott College (1976)
Professional Activities and Organizations
- >Member - Canadian Council of Human Resources Associations (CCHRA)
- >Human Resources Professionals Association of Ottawa (HRPA)
- >The Canadian Payroll Association
- >President - Board of Directors for the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA)