Kimberley Cunnington-Taylor is an associate lawyer at Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP, practising in not-for-profit and charity law, and business law. She works primarily with small and medium organizations.
She provides advice on a wide range of matters, including formation, corporate governance and compliance, risk management, corporate structure, and dispute resolution. Kim also advises on transactional matters, including mergers and amalgamations, purchases and sales, financing, winding-down of corporations and charities, and voluntary revocations of charitable status. Kim has expertise in the entire life cycle of a corporation, from incorporation through to dissolution and wind up, and is general corporate counsel for a number of federal and provincial not-for-profit organizations.
Getting to know Kim Watch the video
Kim is very involved with the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) and the Canadian Bar Association (CBA). She is currently the Past Chair of the Business Law section executive, the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Liaison of the Charity and Not-for-profit section executive, and a member-at-large of the National Business Law section executive of the CBA. Her work with the OBA and the CBA includes participation in legislative reform in respect of both not-for-profit and charity legislation, and business related corporate legislation. Kim is frequently invited to present at OBA hosted conferences and seminars. She also speaks regularly about not-for-profit and charity issues, and business law issues.
Kim delivers high-quality, personalized service to her clients. She strives to develop a personal connection with her clients, believing that the better you get to know someone, the more effectively you can help them. She finds it immensely satisfying working with not-for-profit, charitable and small business organizations, facilitating their ability to carry out their work, and seeing them succeed.
- >Call to Ontario Bar (2008)
- >LL.B, University of Ottawa (2007)
- >Bachelor of Social Sciences Cum Laude, University of Ottawa (major in Criminology and Sociology) (1997)
- >Law Clerk Diploma, Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, London, Ontario (1987)
Professional Activities and Organizations
- >County of Carleton Law Association
- >Canadian Bar Association - Member-at-Large, National Business Law Section Executive
- >Canadian Tax Foundation
- >Law Society of Upper Canada
- >Ontario Bar Association - Past Chair, Business Law Section Executive
- >Ontario Bar Association - CPD Liaison, Not-for-profit and Charity Section Executive