Construction projects – big or small – can be complex, costly, time sensitive and include a number of stakeholders.
Successful projects require the right legal planning to ensure responsibilities and accountabilities are clear. In the event that disputes arise, risks are high for all parties.
Our Construction Law team has the bench strength with extensive expertise and experience in construction related cases. Most importantly, we realize the impact of construction disputes and work diligently to provide a swift, positive, and thorough outcome for our clients. We are nimble in our approach, and where possible will use alternative dispute resolution methods to minimize the impact of time and cost to your project.
We represent clients from all aspects of construction projects. This includes project owners, industry builders, vendors, contractors and managers, as well as the end owner and mortgagee.
We work in tandem with our Business Law and Real Estate Law teams to ensure your case, and your needs, are met fully and efficiently.
- Contract drafting, review and negotiation
- Bidding and Tendering
- Pre-inspection building and home contracts
- Zoning and Land use
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Placing liens
- Enforcement of liens to ensure deficiencies are addressed
- Support the resolution of liens against assets
- Compliance with prompt payment legislation
- Adjudication and resolution of disputes, including contracts, assets and deficiencies
- Ensuring rights with respect to Tarion are met, including assessment and arbitration as needed