When you’ve been injured on the job, you need fast, fair, and effective evaluation of your rights and Workers’ Compensation entitlements.
Knowing that experienced and knowledgeable compensation experts are looking out for your best interests, gives you the peace of mind you need to focus on a healthy recovery and effective ongoing management of your injury.
Our Workers’ Compensation Consultant can quickly review entitlement decisions to ensure that all areas of the injury have been covered – at fees that are much lower than traditional legal costs.
Our expertise includes:
- Comprehensive case reviews
- Worker advocacy at all levels of appeal
- Job suitability analysis
- Worker accommodation
- Medical treatment/rehabilitation analysis
- Claims administration advice
We can gauge your entitlement to:
- Loss-of-earning awards
- Supplementary benefits
- Health-care products and services
- Travel expenses
- Permanent impairment awards
- Labour market re-entry assistance
Our workers’ compensation consultant will review the calculation of workers’ benefits to ensure that they are being paid correctly. We will make sure that the injured party fully understands his or her entitlement to medical and labour market re-entry services, like physiotherapy, chiropractic treatment, and retraining – so that appropriate treatment is authorized and paid for. We can also provide you with representation at all levels of appeal.
Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP’s team features experts who, working with medical professionals, can determine whether an injury is permanent or likely to improve, so that a referral for non-economic loss assessment is made as soon as possible. We’ll also review the injured person’s fitness to work, to ensure that a return to regular or modified work is made at the appropriate time, and that re-injury doesn’t occur once a person returns to work.
Related Blog Posts
- Injured at Work – Find Your Own Medical Team (7/11/2017)
- WSIB Offset For Pre-Existing Condition: Thinking About Appealing? (11/2/2016)
- What Injured Workers Need to Know About WSIB (6/30/2016)
- Skipping the Paperwork – New Legislation Addresses Claim Suppression (1/27/2016)
- Caught With Its Opinions down: WSIB At Risk of Investigation by Ontario Ombudsman (12/15/2015)
- Healthcare treatment for injured workers: policies of the WSIB (7/8/2015)
- Pre-Existing Impairments Offset from Non-economic Loss Awards and Impact Ongoing Benefits (3/11/2015)
- Workers’ Compensation – Frequently Asked Questions (1/13/2015)
- Making Psychotraumatic Claims Work (10/8/2014)
- ODSP and Inheritances – Breaking Down this Social Assistance Program (10/1/2013)
- When you Need a Helping Hand: Selling your Business isn’t Something you Should do Alone (7/10/2013)
- Understanding Non-economic Loss and Permanent Impairment (11/2/2012)
- Proposed Amendments to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act (11/2/2012)
- WSIB Changes: What Boards Need to Know (9/1/2006)