Representing landlords and tenants in Ottawa and Eastern Ontario
The firm’s leasing team provides its clients pre-eminent expertise in the field of commercial leasing. We represent a variety of landlords and tenants in multi-tenant and mixed use office, retail, and industrial buildings in the Ottawa area and other parts of Eastern Ontario.
Specific services offered by this group include:
- Drafting, review, and negotiation of sophisticated commercial leases for property owners and tenants
- Lease audits for landlords
- Lease renewal and fair market rent arbitrations
- Comprehensive lease reviews in connection with the acquisition and financing of commercial properties
- Drafting, review, and negotiation of lease amending agreements, lease assignments, tenant estoppel certificates, and other related lease documentation
- Timely advice in respect of lease terminations, distraint, and other landlord and tenant remedies
- Condominium leasing included mixed use residential/commercial buildings
We also have the expertise to structure complex leasing arrangements, including ground leases, solar and other alternative energy facility leases, strata leases, and leases involving joint venture agreements. Our knowledge of the business aspects of commercial leasing means that we are able to negotiate leases and related agreements cost-effectively and in a timely manner to meet your needs.
When leasing issues or disputes arise, our leasing group is able to develop new and creative solutions to solve your problems. Our goal is to settle leasing disputes in a cost-effective way before litigation is commenced. In certain cases, where disputes or default situations cannot be resolved, our commercial litigation lawyers are experienced in handling commercial leasing matters in a decisive fashion.
Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP’s extensive expertise in both commercial real estate and development allows us to provide integrated complete solutions to complex problems. Our creative approach to dispute resolution is yet another way in which Nelligan O’Brien Payne sets itself apart from its competitors in this field.