Caitlin Cardill is an associate lawyer at Nelligan O’Brien Payne, and a member of our Commercial Litigation and Wills and Estates groups. Caitlin practises as a commercial litigator and as an estate litigator.
Before joining the firm, Caitlin worked at an Ottawa law firm practising civil litigation, commercial litigation, personal bankruptcy and insolvency, estate litigation, construction litigation, and real estate litigation. During her articles, she worked in civil litigation with a focus on personal injury. She has also worked at the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee.
Getting to know Caitlin. Watch the video
Caitlin has appeared before Ontario’s Superior Court and Small Claims Court, as well as various boards and tribunals across Ontario. She has also assisted lead counsel at the Court of Appeal for Ontario.
Caitlin is passionate about maintaining a legal system that ensures fair and balanced results for everyone. With her purposeful approach to the practice of law, she is committed to advocating for her clients, and making a tangible difference to their lives.
Outside of work, Caitlin maintains a very active lifestyle. She enjoys running, skiing, playing softball, beach volleyball, and dodgeball, international travel, and relaxing at the family cottage.
- >Bachelor of Science with Honors, B.Sc., University of Ottawa (2008)
- >Bachelor of Law, LL.B., National University of Ireland / University of Ottawa (2013)
- >Call to Ontario Bar (2015)
Professional Activities and Organizations
- >The Law Society of Ontario
- >County of Carleton Law Association
- >The Advocates’ Society
- >The Advocacy Club
- >Canadian Bar Association
- >Ontario Bar Association
- >CCLA New Lawyers & Articling Students
- >Habitat for Humanity Greater Ottawa, Law Build 2018