Jane Hunt is the Chief Financial Officer at Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP. She leads the accounting department and is responsible for financial reporting and tax compliance for the firm. In addition, she prepares internal financial reports, including scorecards for each practice group. Jane works closely with practice group leaders to improve the financial performance of the firm, and provides financial analysis to assist in the firm’s strategic planning. Jane also offers tax and other financial advisory services to clients of the firm.
Jane has more than 12 years’ experience working for professional services businesses. Prior to joining Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP, she was Controller at an advertising agency here in Ottawa and a member of their executive management team, overseeing all accounting operations. She has also worked at a chartered accounting firm, and as a structural engineer in London, England.
Outside of the office, Jane enjoys travelling and spending time with her family. You can find her on the ski slopes in winter, and rowing in the summer.
- >CGA, Certified General Accountants Program of Professional Studies (2008)
- >Professional Accounting Diploma, Algonquin College (2004)
- >Honours Bachelor in Civil Engineering, University of London, England (2000)
Professional Activities and Organizations
- >Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
- >Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada